I love my mom.
She was always the mom that planned fun stuff for all of my friends and went all out.
She's the one that reminds me not to be so serious all the time.
She could make any house feel like a home.
She still flirts with my dad and holds his hand...they love each other :)
She is always up for a trip to New York.
She always makes my favorite dinners when I come home, complete with the best chocolate cake ever.
She stays up late and watches our tivo'd Project Runway and American Idol.
She is the only person I really, truly want with me when I'm shopping- for some reason I can't ever find as much stuff that I like without her there.
She is my biggest fan in everything I've ever done- sports (yes, I did sports all through middle and high school :) ), singing, playing guitar, women's ministry, school...
She's mentored and been mentored by several other ladies and that has impacted me in so many ways and has taught me the importance of learning from women who are a little farther down the road.
But one of the things I appreciate the most about my mother is that she is a woman of faith. She believes God for a lot, because He is a lot. She is one of the most faithful prayer warriors I know. I can't explain the blessing it is to know that my mom prays for me every morning, and not just that I'll have a good day, but that I will be a godly woman that loves God, wants and desires wisdom and that I will put Jesus first in all I do. I owe a lot of who I've turned out to be to the way my parents have loved and taught me since I was little. My mom is one of the first people in her family to truly follow Jesus , and she's been faithful, even when it's hard. There have been several times where doubt has come so easily to me in different areas of my life and no matter what it is, within two seconds of a conversation with her she is reminding me to pray and ask God to move.
Thank you, Mom, for teaching me that God is a faithful God. That He is a God who hears and listens to our prayers and knows the desires of our hearts. I Love you more than you know.
Beautiful legacy and I love your mom too...she has done a great job with you, Ash and it is truly evident how much she loves God!
ReplyDelete