Monday, December 21, 2009

Wedding Bells are Ringing

Well, I have really enjoyed this season of seeing so many good friends getting married. It has been such a joy and encouragement to see such sweet pictures of how Jesus loves us in every wedding I've gone to or been a part of. This past weekend I got to stand by one of my best friends, Andrea. We have been friends for over 8 years. We played sports together, have gone on vacations together, sat through classes together and have so many other memories from over the years. She always knows how to make me laugh; we've had a lot of fun from elementary school all the way through college (she's an Aggie too). It has been so fun walking through so many different stages of life with her and so exciting to watch her walk down the aisle! She was absolutely beautiful. Her husband, Josh and I were in the same class from 8th grade through graduation- that's New Braunfels for you :) I love them both so much and can't imagine a better fit.

The weekend before, me and Andrea at the lingerie shower

Me with the bride to be at the rehearsal

The bridal party at the rehearsal dinner- you know, just being ourselves

Andrea with all her bridesmaids-me, Abbey, Jessie, Steph and Berlin

Caught the bouquet...along with Jessie

Mr. and Mrs. Josh Martinez

Me with the newlyweds

After Andrea's wedding I headed back to College Station to see my friends, Jen and Chester get married. It was such a fun wedding and I am so excited for the two of them. It's been so fun getting to know them over this past year and I am looking forward to spending more time iwth them as a married couple! She was beautiful!

Me and Aubrey at the wedding- the next one to get married :) Can't wait for her big day!
I can't believe Christmas is Friday! This semester has flown by. I mean seriously, I'm about to head into my last semester of school...ever. A lot has happened in the past few months- this semester has been filled with a lot of highs and a lot of lows. But more than anything I have been learning about the faithfulness of God as a Father- wanting what's best for his kids. Christmas is such a beautiful picture of that- wanting what's best, even to the point of sending His own son to save us.
Thank you, God, for loving and caring for us, for being a good dad, and for giving us joy and hope through salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment