So this whole blog thing is new to me and I make no guarantees that I will be frequent in writing, but I will do my best (I'm in Beaumont for most of the break, so I don't really have an excuse not to write until I'm back at school!). I've really enjoyed reading some friends' blogs lately and have gotten the "blog itch" so I had to start my own and try it out.
I'll start with the meaning of the title of my blog, "The Middle." Jill Phillips has become a new favorite of mine recently, although Brooke Fraser is still on the top of my 25 most played on itunes. She writes so naturally I feel like I'm having coffee with her listening to talk about what she is in the process of learning. In her song, "The Middle," I feel like she's describing what I feel like a lot of the time...
"Too young to act like there’s wisdom inside of my head and too old not to care if it’s there. The pendulum swings to each end, well defined, and I’m somewhere in the middle...It’s too late to back out of this race that we started, but it feels like the finish is light years ahead. So all I can ask is that You walk next to me, here, somewhere in the middle."
I do have to admit being I enjoy being in the middle...and I think I'll probably be in this spot for a good while (and later on, probably realize I wasn't even in the middle yet). I think the middle is where Jesus has taught me the most so far and is a spiritual soft spot for me- tender but part of the overall growth process. So I will blog as I find my way through the middle, holding on to Jesus and trusting Him to lead me in tender, sweet ways.
deep, profound, totally brusenhan.
ReplyDeleteyou are being added to my list right after this comment.
oh, and check out Jill's husband, Andy Gullahorn. I knew I heard Jill's name before..and its because she runs with Andrew Peterson, Andrew Osenga, Sara Groves bunch. They are all solid singer/songwriter's. You should buy Andrew Peterson's "Behold the Lamb of God." Its a phenomenal Christmas CD and Jill sings in my opinion the best song on the album. Living Hope did a cover of this CD last year as its Christmas program and it was sweeet.
ok, this had turned into a mammoth of a comment.