Wednesday, December 17, 2008

kids say the darndest things...and exciting ministry news!!

I love kids...At TbarM Day Camp in New Braunfels I've gotten to "work" at one of the best places around. I was a day camp coach my first 3 summers and leadership this past summer. I don't think there is a better way I could have spent my last 4 summers. Well, around finals time, the full time staff sends all the coaching and leadership staff a package with a t-shirt and the camp keepers from that summer. Camp keepers are funny things kids said during the summer to the coaches and we write it down at the end of every camp week. Here were some of my favorites...

After coloring a picture of a cat, coach Lindsey asked her camper, "Are you going to give that to your mom?." In a serious tone, the camper replied, "Uh, no! My mom is allergic to cats!"

"So you say heaven is going to be great but do you get a free iPhone and party for 100 days?"

To close their time of batter's box (Bible study), a camper prayed, "You like us, we like You...Amen."


After the coach had instructed her camper to remain in the bathhouse the camper asked, "Why can't I go wait outside?" The coach replied with, "Because the last time I let you wait outside you stuck a rock up your nose!" Giggling the camper replies, "Oh yeah!"


We are in the process of unpacking at our house in Beaumont still and we found some old pictures of me and my sister when we were little, which of course led to stories about us when we were little (and extremely cute of course), and I heard one I hadn't heard before...Apparently I had been watching the news (I'm guessing my dad was watching and I was just in the living room...it would be kind of odd to see a kid watching the news by herself) and some insane guy, Andrew Cunanan, who was a serial killler, was the big story that day.
Later that night I couldn't sleep so I went into my parents room and apparently scared them because my mom said that I had never been scared at night before...so she took me back to my room and put me back in bed. I told her I wanted someone to sleep with me to make me feel better and she told me Jesus was with me to which I replied, "Yeah, but I want someone I can see!" I'm not sure if my mom slept with me that night, but I made it through and Jesus was with me :)



Latest news: Intimacy is heading to New Braunfels!!! Some of my friends from home came to Intimacy in College Station this November and were really stirred and encouraged by it and felt led to do something like that in NB. They got a few other New Braunfels girls to meet up with them and brainstorm some ideas and set a date- January 23. My friend, and soon to be roomie, Lindsey, called and told me about it and I was SO excited to hear that Jesus used Intimacy to stir something up in my hometown. God didn't stop there...they asked me to lead worship and my mentor (who also spoke at Intimacy in College Station), Stephanie Lee, to speak! I said sign me up! And Steph, after praying about it for a few days, really felt a peace about being a part of it too. So it's going to look a lot like the one in College Station! Isn't that crazy! God is so good and continually amazes me in this area (and every other area) of my life. I can't wait to see the ways Jesus will move.

No comments:

Post a Comment