This year, after my youth pastor back home asked me if I'd come again I said yes and started praying about what age girls I'd have. I really wanted high school, specifically 10th grade. No particular reason I just kind of had that age laid on my heart...and God's so good and let me have them! So next weekend I will be hanging out all weekend with some awesome 10th grade girls and I'm pretty sure I don't know any of them - which is also weird going back to my home church and seeing so many new faces. I'm really looking forward to what Jesus wants to do through the weekend and what I'll learn from these girls. 10th grade was my favorite year of high school and marks one of the biggest times of growth in my walk with the Lord. I learned a lot that year about letting go of pride and walking in gifts God had given me. A lot of walls were broken down in my heart that year. So I'm praying that this weekend would be used to do that in these girls' lives.
I think one of the other reasons I loved Disciple Now was I always had the best leaders. Some of the most impactful people in my life have been my dnow leaders. That's actually how I met Steph, one of my mentors who's loved me, prayed for me, held my hand, laughed with me and cried with me. Jesus did a really sweet thing when He placed Steph and her husband, Brian as my jr. year leaders. Now a few years later we're walking closely together and I've learned a lot through them, their lives, and through our community.
We're going through Ephesians all weekend! I'm pumped!! So please be praying with me for next weekend and the days up till then as I prepare and spend time with the Lord, praying through what to teach. Also, my youth pastor asked me to sing during the service on Sunday, so I'd love if you'd pray for that time as well. I've been praying a lot about what to sing and I think I'm going to do the Shanes' Vision of You. I love that he says "even though you're here, God come!" Isn't it good to know we don't have to ask God to show up? He's there, constant and faithful. Every time I sing or lead worship somewhere, I usually get a call from my mom before or after saying she's praying that God's manifested presence would be known. I feel like that's what this song is asking God for. I love it. Without Him, all we have are songs.
I'll leave you with the lyrics...
Come meet us, King Jesus
Oh wind of change blow through this temple
Sweet Spirit of God, come and mend our hearts
For all we have are songs, unless You come
Awaken what’s inside of me
Tune my heart to all You are in me
Even though You’re here, God come
And may the vision of You be the death of me
And even though you’ve given everything
Jesus come
Come free us, King Jesus
It’s the only way that freedom’s given
From You and You alone
In the work You’ve already done
For all we have are songs, unless You come
Here we are, Lord
In this place, crying out for Your embrace
To hear Your voice, more than songs
Please come, Jesus come
Ashley this is so exciting! I'll be praying for you and your girls. God bless Disciple Now! haha
ReplyDelete