I love the Psalm I typed out in my previous post. I love that David believes that he will see God's goodness in the land of the living. That's totally where I'm at- in the midst of a crazy semester because of my God's sovereignty and the peace that He gives, I can claim that I will see God's goodness. Then David follows that by reminding himself (and us) to wait for the Lord, which requires strength and courage and being intentional in waiting on Him. God's timing is worth the wait. Isn't that so rich? God's timing has been perfect in everything, for all of time- so why wouldn't we find rest in Him?
Like I said, a lot has happened in this last month. I've been learning so much and it's been life-changing and life-giving. School's been really hard and busy, lots of projects and tests. I feel like it's never going to stop. I found out my mentor is pregnant- praise Jesus! I am so excited to see how good God is and I've learned a lot about His faithfulness to answer prayers and have seen His redemption at work in that. I've been growing more and more daily in my heart for college girls to know Jesus in really, really deep ways and have seen God honor and bless that. I miss Anna like crazy (she's home in less than two months!). Trying to figure out what this summer will look like without camp, which is also really hard for me. TbarM has been my last four summers; I will definitely miss it this summer. I've cried a lot more than I ever had this semester- which is actually an answered prayer (weird, I know) to asking God to make my heart more tender and soft. I've learned a lot about things I've put before Jesus. I've learned I'm way more of a people pleaser than I ever thought I was and Jesus definitely pointed that out this semester and I'm grateful to say He's forgiven me of that and changed my perspective. I've had to let go of a lot and embrace Jesus a lot more than I ever have. It's been hard sometimes, but Jesus has been so consistently good to me. I've realized how loved and blessed I am by the friends God has given me. I think friendships are one of the things I am most grateful for. I learn so much more about Jesus through the relationships I've had than a lot of other things. I've seen how faithful God is in answering prayers through a lot of conversations Rachel and I have had about the things we've been praying about and seeing God move. It's been really beautiful and so encouraging to know God hears so many prayers every second and is big enough to handle it all. That's insane and completely blows my mind. Really, how does He do it? I can barely remember what one person told me an hour ago :) I've had a lot of really great roommate time this semester too. It is so fun going home because of the roommates I have. I am so grateful for each of them. And lastly, I've been able to write a lot more music this last month which is really fun for me. It used to be so hard and now I can just sit down and play and words just kind of fly out of my mouth. And I've written some with my roommate, Lindsey, and she is a stud at the piano which makes it so fun having another instrument to play with at home. Needless to say, I've learned so much and am really grateful for college and how God's used so many different situations and circumstances in the past couple years to really stretch me and make me more like Him.
So here's to the rest of college! Jesus, continue to teach me more about you and how to love well and care deeply for others. I want to be totally open to your movement in my life and be ready to change whatever needs to be changed to look more like you. Take me through whatever, as long as the outcome is getting closer to you.
p.s. For some strange reason, I am reminded of You've Got Mail everytime I blog. I feel like Meg Ryan, writing to complete strangers and sending out thoughts into the "void." That plot seems a lot creepier after typing it out than when I'm watching it on-screen...haha, but it is one of my favorites. So, in the words of Meg, "good night, dear void."
First, LOVE the Meg Ryan reference, totally made me chuckle!
ReplyDeleteSecond, you are wonderful and I love reading about what Jesus is teaching you, it is so inspiring.
Third, I hope you counted me as one of the three people that reads your blog!
haha
love ya, Ashley
I love your thoughts...thanks for writing them out! Amen...more Jesus! That is the prayer that never gets old :) Love you sweet friend!- steph
ReplyDelete