Redemption leads to Intimacy.
Jesus. Savior. Lord. Freedom. Life-Giver. REDEEMER.
I am excited to say that Redemption is the “theme” that's been laid on my heart for Intimacy '09. All semester this has been a theme I've seen in my own life and in several other's around me. Jesus is THE Redeemer of life in every way possible. I love that the girls that came last November got to hear about Freedom and how God is the God who forgives and brings freedom from sin and shame in our lives. He is far better than anything. I love that those same girls who experienced freedom for the first time in a long time that night are going to get to hear about how Jesus not only frees us from bondage in our life, but REDEEMS us from it. He not only takes burdens away, but He fills hearts that were once seeped in guilt and pain with a new hope and healing that can only be found in Him. The freedom we find in Jesus leads us to redemption and after we grasp even the slightest truth about redemption, how could we not long for intimacy with the God that pulls us out of darkness and into light? So many of us realize we are freed from sin, but haven't realized God keeps going- He redeems what we've lost and makes us new. I am REDEEMED!
I have been forgiven of sins according to God’s rich grace- not according to what I deserve or have earned- this grace has been lavished upon me- Ephesians 1:7&8
I am REDEEMED
While I was wallowing in sin and shame, I heard Him cry out, “Live!”- Ezekiel 16:6
I am REDEEMED
He covered me, entered into a covenant with me, and calls me His. – Ezekiel 16:8
I am REDEEMED
He has adopted me as His own. – Ephesians 1:5
I am REDEEMED
He has dressed me in the finest linens and adorned me with jewels. – Ezekiel 16: 10-12
I am REDEEMED
His thoughts about me outnumber the grains of sand. – Psalm 139: 17
I am REDEEMED
He has given me a purpose in life. He has anointed me to share hope with the hurting and help bind up the broken hearted. – Isaiah 61:1
I am REDEEMED
He has uses my weakness to perfect His strength- 1 Corinthians 12:9
I am REDEEMED
Please pray with and for me as I start preparing for Intimacy. Over the next several weeks and months, I’ll be praying about the speaker, worship, location, and everything else from the date to the logo and ads. Pray I won’t lose sight as I prepare and organize and plan. Jesus is central- period. If I lose sight of Him then everything I do is meaningless. I love what I've learned the past two years as I've gotten to plan this event and I cannot wait to see what I will learn this year. I long for every girl that walks through those doors to walk out knowing Jesus in the deepest and most intimate places of their souls. I am really grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this and that Jesus has opened doors and led me through them. I have seen how involved God is in the lives of His children over the past couple years of putting this together and it is such a beautiful thing to see Him bring it all together.
My Redeemer loves intimately.
Love it! Love it! Love it! I am praying with you for all of those things and expect Intimacy to continue to grow in size and God's power! I am so glad you are doing this :)
ReplyDeleteAshley, this is beautiful. I will be praying for you as you prepare for Intimacy and for the girls who are coming. I can't wait!
ReplyDeletelove ya :)