Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Harvest

"One sows and another reaps."
John 4:37


Harvest 


This word has been on my heart and mind for over a month now, and even more this last week or so. I fully believe Jesus is speaking this word over Masterpiece - that what has been sown and prayed over the last year, and even longer than that, will be in full bloom this weekend. Harvest means new life, a gathering of things that are ripe and ready. It's harvest time and Jesus is ready to move and change and redeem what's been broken. Girls will know Him, come to love Him, and choose to start walking with Him- I absolutely believe that! I'm ready for the harvest.

We're coming down the last couple days before Masterpiece. It's insane the ways Jesus has moved as we have been on this journey for a little over a year. I can remember just over a year ago, Donna asking me to pray and ask the Lord for discernment on me being a part of this conference. Of course, I wanted to say yes right away, but I knew I needed to really seek Jesus and ask Him if this was the season He wanted me to do this. After a lot of prayer and seeking confirmation from Him that this was where He wanted me, I felt so peaceful saying yes- that this was something I would have the privilege of being a part of. And I am so thankful it was a yes, because I've grown closer to Jesus because of it. It's been my joy to help sow and I cannot wait to see what will be reaped.

Isaiah 61 is the bases for everything Masterpiece is. This scripture is one of my favorites and one the Lord has used to mold my heart to the calling I feel He has placed on my life. I can remember reading it, begging the Lord that I would have opportunities to help "bind up the brokenhearted" and "set captives free." I was reading it this morning before I headed up to the office to take care of a ton of registrations (praise Jesus!) and read this...

"They (the poor) shall build up the ancient ruins; they shall raise up the former devastations; they shall repair the ruined cities, the devastations of many generations."-Is. 61:4


In my study Bible, the footnote read, "The poor become, through the Messiah, creative restorers of the sad situations that man has had to live with for so long. Every human ideal falls into ruins in this world of death, but the new culture of life in the city of God will thrive forever."

What?!-my reaction when I read this. How good is God? This is what I've been praying over Masterpiece so much. That the poor in Spirit would walk in, see how much Jesus loves them, wants them and is for them. That girls will leave changed forever knowing that, through Jesus, they can make an impact on those around them and help restore what has been broken down. That a new generation of "creative restorers" would step up and help bring a new culture of life in Jesus that will thrive forever.

Thank you, Jesus, for all you have done and are going to do. You have been so good to me! Let your name be huge this weekend and the only one remembered!


And on top of all the Masterpiece excitement, we had snow in Aggieland yesterday!! Here's a few pictures of me and my favorite roomies, sadly you can't see the snow very well because we weren't all home together until late. But, hey, we know it was snowing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment