This title has zero to do with what you're about to read, but I'm listening to that song right now and don't know if I'll ever get tired of it- so I felt it deserved a shout out :)
It's been way too long since I've done anything on here. Lots to blog about but I'll take it one thing at a time...
Masterpiece:
Well, the harvest definitely came. Wow, God's faithfulness throughout the whole process of planning Masterpiece to the last few moments, and even after, has been amazing. I honestly don't think I have the words to accurately describe the faithfulness and power of Jesus through everything. His faithfulness is what held everything together. From the vision He gave to Donna years ago to every other detail that had to take place, He put it all together- FAITHFUL.
About a week before the conference weekend, I was able to journal during one of Talitha's practices (Talitha is Masterpiece's amazing dance company-seriously these girls are crazy gifted!). I was recounting all the different steps God has directed me through in my life so far to get me to this point. I was literally just sitting there in awe of every little detail He has taken care of in my life. From moving my family to New Braunfels where I'd eventually learn to play guitar, work at TbarM and meet a sweet friend that introduced me to ASC and a ton of other different steps that led to what seems like a domino effect of favor and blessing- God has been so good to me and I have deserved NONE of it. It was so sweet to have that time to think about the ways God has changed me and trained me for what was to come through Masterpiece that weekend and for other things He has planned that I don't even know about yet.
The week leading up to Masterpiece was full of craziness, last minute details, and lots and lots of registration and paperwork! We had so many helpers- we could not have done anything without them, they were amazing...so to anyone that helped out at any part- THANK YOU! Everything ran so smoothly and the actual weekend was so, so fun. God brought the harvest and then some. It was so fun to see all the girls show up and start filling all the seats that first night. So many girls came and it was absolutely beautiful worship, hearing all of them singing and responding to Jesus. I think I had the thought "I love this...what?! I really get to do this?" about a million times throughout the weekend. I cannot say enough that Jesus has been so good and gracious to me in letting me be a part of the community and work He does here. I am really, really grateful.
painting by Jeremy and Jamie Wells...check out their site- artworship.org
It was awesome to see the response of these beautiful daughters to the call to love the world locally and globally. They gave, wrote letters, painted pictures, bought sandals and water- all to grow the Kingdom. I believe God opened a lot of eyes to the hurt in the world through the booths set up, stories shared and through Talitha's movement. The sweetest moment for me personally was during the last main session. Donna was singing Part of the Solution (a beautiful song that shares truth about what's happening globally and the response we as believers should desire to have) and lead choreographer/director of Talitha, Steph Lee danced. I just started weeping when Donna sang the words "She has a name, she is somebody's daughter." It painted such a perfect picture that these women that are hurting all of the world aren't just a "group" but rather individuals with individual stories. I was overwhelmed that God was using Masterpiece as an avenue for these girls to know and understand that better- it was a really humbling moment. Then as Donna continued to sing and Steph danced God just reminded me how gracious He's been in giving me these two women to pour into my life in college. My walk with Jesus has been made deeper and sweeter in college and a huge influence on that has been the involvement of these two dear friends in my life. It was so sweet to share that with them and to be able to serve along side them.
I am excited to see how God continues to move with Masterpiece and the girls in this area. He's done great things and I fully believe He will be faithful to continue. Thank you, Jesus for all that you did!
No comments:
Post a Comment