Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Inspiration
I'm sitting in Black Cat Studio in Griffin, Georgia- owned by Jason Hoard (producer, musician extraordinaire, and member of Third Day). I was thinking on my way out here, this is my 3rd time to Georgia within a year. I think if I ever live outside of Texas, it would be to live in Georgia (unless, it's New York :) ). I came to Griffin (I wrote about it a little here) back in September and for Passion 2010 in January. I love it here, love the people and love being in the studio. My friend, Donna Stuart is recording her new record called "Trust the Sunrise" this week and I am so thankful for the opportunity to tag along and help out however I can. We were talking the week before and she asked me what I was wanting out of this trip...hadn't even thought about it much, other than just being excited to come and experience studio again. But after thinking about it a little, I really want vision. Vision and direction from the Lord on where to go musically. I don't mean what's going to happen with music necessarily (although, that'd be great to know, but that'll come in time), but musically-sound, melody, rhythm, lyric. I want to be able to share more of my heart and the heart of Jesus in my music. I feel like the Lord has placed so many different things in my life that will add to this, in ways I don't even know yet. As I'm sitting here, listening to some insane musicians and beautiful songs, I am inspired. God's already been faithful in stirring vision in me within the first 2 days of being in the studio. Maybe I should ask for more inspiration often (and by maybe, I mean I should) - this is honestly a prayer I rarely, if ever pray. How sad is that, a musician/creative mind not asking the ultimate Creator for inspiration? That's like having da Vinci for your dad and not ever asking him to show you how to paint or sculpt! So, I'm inspired; inspired to ask for more inspiration, more vision, and more of Jesus- in music and life in general.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yes...amen...let it be
ReplyDelete