Sunday, June 20, 2010

a new season & thanks dad

I'm a workin' woman now. I started my new job as college girls associate at Central Baptist Church here in College Station. I am really thankful for this opportunity and already loving it. It is insane how well this job fits my heart for college girls, while allowing me to be a part of other ministries (worship, Masterpiece and Intimacy) I feel called to as well. On my way to work a couple days ago I was praying for my day and my time at the office, and was just overwhelmed with how good God is- really, He is so good. There have been several moments where find myself asking "I really get to do this...for a job?!" I know there will be many different seasons throughout my time there, but I am grateful for this season- a season of new beginnings, new environment, new people and new tasks. I'm thankful to have a job I look forward to go to everyday. The whole transition has been peaceful and this past week I have been reminded over and over of Isaiah 26:12, "Lord, You establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us." He has done great things, He has established peace, and every good thing is a gift from Him. Thank you, Father.

I also wanted to say how thankful I am to have a dad I can celebrate on Father's Day. I was sad I wasn't able to hug my dad yesterday and tell him how much he is loved. He is such a beautiful picture of who God is to His children. My dad is a man of integrity, hard work, strength and so easy to respect. He loves God and has always prayed for his kids to love Him. He's patient, humble, understanding, gentle and loving. He's a provider and protector. He's safe, fun, and insanely smart (really, it's kind of sick). One of my favorite characteristics about my dad is kindness. He is so kind. I have watched him love people so well since I was little - widows in our church, family that needed help, or us- he has been the kindness of Jesus to many. I've also had the rare privilege of seeing my dad in his work environment and I am so thankful I can say he is exactly the same person in front of his co-workers that he is at home. He's taken care of me when I've been sick, encouraged me when I needed it, always told me how proud he is of me, been at anything and everything I wanted him at (my high school basketball games were not fun...let's put this in perspective- we had 6 players on the team the first year- not fun games to sit through), and he's loved me well where I'm at and encouraged my gifts. There are so many things my dad is, so many characteristics I admire that this blog could go on for a while, but I'll close it with the most important. He's taught me above all that the end of all things is the glory of God, that His name is the most important and that anything else is unsatisfying. So, thank you dad, for loving Jesus and teaching us what that looks like. Jennifer and I are insanely blessed to be your daughters.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful words. I am thankful that your father did such a good job. I am just one of the many that receive the benefits from your parents! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how sweet Ash! Yes, we are blessed.

    ReplyDelete