Well, a day late- but it's the thought that counts, right? Yesterday was the birthday of one of my favorite friends and roomies, Anna. I love, love, love Anna.
Snow day in CS
I cannot even express in words what she means to me. I have come to know Jesus in a deeper way due to the characteristics I've seen Him display through her. She is easily one of the hardest workers I know- she is so consistent and dependable (except maybe when it comes to answering phone calls :) ).
Spring Break in Florida
Anna LOVES people- she is insanely good at it. Just a few examples: I have seen her serve other college students through being treasurer in Aggie Sisters for Christ (not always a fun job), show the love of Jesus to younger girls in tough situations at Still Creek Ranch, and watched her encourage and pour into a young man through the Prison Entrepreneurship Program that many would have just thrown aside because of his past, and most recently be a part of Teach for America where she has the opportunity to show kids the love of Jesus through a solid education and a teacher that really cares for them.
Annual 211 Christmas Party '08
She has been a picture of the compassion and tenderness of Jesus to everyone around her. She has played a huge role in the Lord making me more tender and I am so grateful for her. I also love Anna because she laughs at my jokes :) Nothing like a friend that builds up your self esteem, right? She's thoughtful, kind, so smart (I mean like 4.0 every semester smart), funny, and an amazing roommate. I had the joy of living with her for 2 years. I think Rachel and I would both agree that Anna is the most selfless person we know. I was so blessed to have a place I look forward to coming home to every time I came through the door. I'm so thankful for the blessing of friendship and that God gives us other believers to journey with. Anna has wept with me, laughed with me, prayed with me and worshipped with me. She has been a sweet source of community and love to me and I am so, so thankful for her.
ASC Famous Couples Date Party (Anna was part of the Village People, Rachel was the girl in the Notebook and me and my date were Jack and Jill-after the fall down the hill)
Happy 22nd Anna Banana!! You are loved!


love the post ash!
ReplyDelete