Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hotlanta!

By now the 3 of you that read this have probably already gotten the update about my trip to Atlanta, but for the sake of keeping my blog up to date I thought I'd post some of my favorite pictures.

I had so much fun with everyone on the trip. We definitely laughed a lot. I seriously have not laughed like that in so long. The first night definitely started the week off in that. This may be one of those "you had to be there" stories, but I think it's pretty funny. We headed to Passion City Church and afterward we were walking to our cars. We had to cross over a pretty large intersection and up a little slant to get to our car in a parking lot across from the church. Donna and Emily were in front of me while Jill, who had just applied lip gloss and holding baby Judah, was right behind (no pun intended...keep reading to get that) me. Right as I reach the top of the little hill, I feel something slam into my rear end (i really just sat here and contemplated whether i should write butt, behind, rear end...i guess rear end won). I turn around and there is Jill...on her knees...trying not to drop baby Judah as she's becoming weak from the laughter that's trying to come out. I start laughing so hard and Donna and Emily turn around to see what I'm sure looked like the epitome of chaos. Donna runs to get confused little Judah, because Jill is trying to hold it together and not drop her kid. As soon as Donna gets him the laughter quadrupled. Apparently Jill lost her footing and fell forward, landed on her knees and her head decided to hit my butt on the way down. Emily starts laughing as she looks at the scene and says "there are lip prints on your butt!" She was not lying...there were perfect little lip gloss imprints on my dress. We laughed so hard for about the next hour and pretty much anytime we thought about it after...I'm still laughing just typing it out. Here's the picture to prove it:

So that little moment started out the week and it just got better. I feel like I learned so much in the studio from watching Donna and the other musicians. I was so encouraged last time about how Christ-centered it was and was again encouraged by that this time around. Jason's studio is such a fun, comfortable place and he is one of the easiest and fun people to be around. That guy is jammed full of talent and gifts and is  so humble on top of it. It's fun to see the ways God has blessed him and the good steward he's been with what he's been given. The record sounds awesome, definitely my favorite stuff that Donna's done so far. I think so many girls will be blessed as they listen to this album. Can't wait for it to come out!

As I sat in the studio, I found myself being reminded of how much I love music. I just love to play and learn new instruments. I really find such fun and joy in playing, singing and listening to music. I left so grateful for the opportunities I've had and do have to play and sing whether I'm on a stage or in my living room. I'm also thankful for friends that enjoy the same things I do and encourage and challenge me to be better. 

Here are a few other pictures from the trip.

Run through of one of the first songs


Jason adding some guitar to a few songs


By the end of the week I was ready to take over Jason's spot as producer...watch out Black Cat Studios

little smokey...we were making s'mores and Jason's fire was bigger than his house


little Judah man

me and Jill...and Alison Krauss' mandolin


all the girls: Me, Emily, Jill and Donna


the whole studio crew, minus Trey

So my 3rd trip to ATL in one year- crazy! It really was so fun, from studio time to hanging out in the hotel with the girls. So glad to have had the opportunity to go and watch the process of this great record come together. Now I'm back in CS and loving my job, moving into my new house this weekend, and getting planning together for Intimacy 2010...pictures and update to come!

3 comments:

  1. I totally laughed at your story...that's hilarious. I also laughed at you not knowing what to type for "butt" :) miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the "butt" story is my fav part of this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete