I cannot believe Thanksgiving is next week! I'm so excited to see my family...and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I'm not sure why I enjoy the parade so much, but since I was little that has been one of my favorite things about this time of year. Perks of being the baby of the family- all the older women in the family started cooking while I got to sit and watch the parade...times have changed and now I'm finding myself in the kitchen. Thanks to dvr I can still enjoy it :)
The middle of October through mid-November always ends up being one of the busiest parts of the year for me. With the ministries I’m involved in there are always seasons that end up being way busier than others. This has been that time of year, but it’s been so fun. It was crazy the difference of planning Intimacy without school. I actually was able to sleep the night before versus doing a group project for a marketing class until 5am! It was so peaceful everyday leading up to it. I’ve learned to trust Jesus so much every year as I’ve planned this and have been overwhelmed each time with what God does. Kay did an amazing job- really, it was so good. Like I said in the earlier post, if there was a year that told my personal story this would be it. It was so crazy to hear more of Kay’s story a few weeks before Intimacy and see the similarities in our stories. But the night of Intimacy the things she shared were exactly what I had learned throughout this past year. She talked a lot about being in a constant state of selling what you have, trusting Jesus and holding your hands open to Him trusting that no matter what desires you have He will fill you with Him. He is enough, He is better. It was beautiful and I was so encouraged. As I’ve processed and journaled about it I just keep thinking “that was so fun.” I really just enjoyed it. I sat in the back (first time I’ve ever done that) and just looked around at all the faces in the room. It was beautiful to just take it in and I am really thankful and humbled to get to be a part of this.
my view
Lizi, Donna, Kelly, me, Robbin and Amy...love love love playing with these girls!
Talitha
Donna, Kay and me
Worship was so sweet. I think it was one of the most freeing times I’ve led at an “Intimacy.” I think the Lord was really gracious in giving me so much peace all week. I was praying over it the night before and it hit me- there was going to be someone from almost every stage of my life in the room the next night. My mom and sister were there, my roommate that I’ve known since 3rd grade, a friend that walked with me through middle school and high school, girls from my youth group that I have known since middle school, and friends that I’ve walked through college with up to the women that have poured into me. I was overwhelmed by that- God has been so good to me and I am so thankful for a night to proclaim His faithfulness to so many girls. God used worship, Talitha and Kay to speak truth and the gospel. I really am thankful for the gift Intimacy has been to me and I pray I steward it well as He leads.
Just a few days after Intimacy I headed to downtown Houston, House of Blues with some of my favorite people to see one of my favorite musicians, Brooke Fraser (if you don't have her cd, go get it! so good). I enjoy Steph, Shauna and Sarah so much and was thankful to have time to just hang out and get away for a night. We ate some amazing food at Guadalajara, laughed so much, heard some great music and had great conversation. The concert was so fun, but the company made the night for sure. I found myself just sitting there listening to them as we talked about life and what we’ve been learning- I’ve learned a lot through these friends and looking forward to learning more.
I'm about to hit the 6 month mark at work. When did that happen? This really has been a season of harvest for me. I feel like I have been receiving and learning so much in my time with Jesus, from my family and community around me. 'Tis So Sweet has been in my head constantly. I look at this past year and see how I really had to trust Jesus at His word and how sweet it is to rest in that. I felt really clearly that He had called me to this area (Bryan/College Station) over my last few years of school but didn't have a clue how that would all work out. I had to let it go completely at one point because I held on too tightly to it. I let go, trusted that I was called to Jesus, not "something" or "ministry" but to Himself. I had to learn to trust that He is better than any idea or picture I had of what my next few years would look like. After learning all of that He slowly began to give it back in a way I could never have imagined. My days are now filled with walking with girls and pursuing the Lord with them, filled with co-workers that love Jesus and want our students to love Him well, filled with friends that are places of rest and renewal, filled with reading/listening to others that are loving and have loved Jesus and others well. What a gift!
There is a part in the movie Hope Floats that I love. The grandmother always says "My cup runneth over" in moments of overwhelming thankfulness. I feel like that's where I'm at in this season of life. My cup is literally running over with blessing after blessing, even in trials or things I'm working through. I can testify that He works all things out for the good of those who love Him. He is good!
And to add to my cup, I get to hang with this little one every Wednesday. How cute is she?






No comments:
Post a Comment