Monday, October 25, 2010

Intimacy 2010


Intimacy is a college girls worship night I started my sophomore year of college when I was leading worship for Aggie Sisters for Christ. The summer before my sophomore fall semester, I had been praying about putting on a worship night through ASC. Through my semesters leading worship for them, I grew a deep burden for girls to know the truth of who Jesus is and who they are through His salvation. After reading Psalm 139 one morning, I was brought to tears as I sat there thinking about how big God is; how this big God knew my name, how many hairs are on my head, and even knows when I sit and when I rise. He is intimately acquainted with me- Ashley Brusenhan. What?! I had known and believed and walked in this for a long time, but there was something in those verses that stirred my soul in a new way. I was humbled and deeply encouraged. I knew then that this is something I could encourage other believers to walk in and lost ones to walk towards. So I began to pray for vision and wisdom in how to carry this out. And God answered abundantly. Over the past 3 years He has guided every step, from venue to speakers. I could share story after story about His faithfulness, but that would be an insanely long post. He has used this night to speak the truth of salvation, freedom and redemption over His daughters. He has used this as a night to draw girls into deep community with Him and other sisters. He has used this night for girls to confess and start walking back to Him. I am consistently overwhelmed that God has allowed me to be a part of something like this. Thank you, Jesus, I want to steward this great gift well.

This year for me has been a year marked by the faithfulness and loving-kindness of the Lord. A year that I have seen a harvest of things sown. So, it was fitting for the "theme" for this year to be harvest and the faithfulness of the Lord. I am so thankful to have Kay Altic sharing her story. If there I had to choose one of "themes" or years of Intimacy that represents my story, this would be it. My story is one marked by the faithfulness of Jesus over and over (as is every believer's, but you know what I mean :) ).  I was telling a friend that after I spoke with Kay, I felt like I was talking to myself 10 years down the road. It's crazy how alike our stories are. I am so thankful to have her share this year and I pray I learn to love Jesus more deeply as she does over the next few years. I pray many girls are drawn to Jesus next Friday. And I'm looking forward to leading with my friends, Donna Stuart, Lizi Bailey, Kelly Needham, and Robbin Johnson and Amy Marks on percussion. Masterpiece's dance company, Talitha will also be dancing to one of the songs- I absolutely love these girls. Can't wait to worship with them.

And I love, love, love this promo video! Donna Stuart and Daniel Karr did an amazing job creating this...I just sat back and watched it all happen. Thankful for them and their hard work, along with Ally, Shannon and Brie who are the girls in the video.


The ultimate purpose behind Intimacy is Jesus.
I hope that the girls who walk through the doors not knowing Jesus will walk out knowing Him, or that it would be a step leading them to Him.
My prayer is that girls will taste and see that Jesus Christ is good. He is better. 


I pray for salvation, for freedom, for redemption.

I pray that girls will appropriate Christ as Lord of their lives, remembering that He loves them deeply. 
I want girls to believe Jesus hears their hearts and their sighs; He is for them and desires INTIMACY with them. 


So less than 2 weeks until Intimacy 2010. Praying for eyes to be opened to the faithfulness and graciousness of Jesus, worship to be sweet and truth to be abundant. Jesus is better, so we want more of you, Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Ash :-)

    Crazy that this is year 4! I'm so thankful that I've had you as a friend since that first year. I've learned so much about loving the Lord through you and through Intimacy.

    Can't wait for Intimacy 2010!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. what in the world, Amy Marks, I didn't know you have a blog! Looks like I have some reading to do. And I'm so thankful for you too!

    ReplyDelete